Why do people hate Republican candidates? : by Ed Caruthers
Answer by Ed Caruthers:
I was going to say that I don't despise all Republican candidates, that I almost like Kasich, that I merely disagree with Rubio's positions, and that it's only Carson, Cruz, and the Big D that are irrational enough to despise.
But the truth is, all the candidates are chasing the votes of the most irrational primary voters.
- All the candidates are pledged to reducing health care for the poor.
- All the candidates are pledged to lowering taxes for the very rich while balancing the budget by reducing services for the poor.
- All the candidates support current loopholes that make it easier for criminals, crazies, and children to get firearms.
- None of the candidates have denounced restrictive voter registration laws.
- None of the candidates have said, "Yes, global warming is happening. We're not in favor of any of the proposed solutions, so we have an obligation to develop solutions we can support."
- None of the candidates condemned Kim Davis or said, "Do your job or resign."
- None of the candidates have said, "Of course evolution happened. Forcing public schools to teach your kids something else is child abuse."
- None of the candidates have said, "Gays are people and have the same rights as everyone else in this country."
- None of the candidates have said, "If you are a racist, I don't want your contributions; I don't want your vote; I don't want you in the GOP."
So, yes, I really do despise all the Republican Presidential candidates . . . and most Republican candidates for state and local offices.
Filed under: Uncategorized